Monday, October 6, 2014
YouthFilm 2015 Guidelines and Application
All Entries Must:
1. Be the work of a student under 18 currently attending an elementary school, middle school, or high school (public or private.)
2. Be digital files in .mpeg or .avi format. Please note that submitted materials will not be returned.
3. Include a completed Submission Form for each film submitted.
4. Include one still image file from your film: 300 dpi, .jpeg files only, and no larger than 5 MB file size. These images may be used for promotional purposes.
5. Be no more than 30 minutes in length, including titles/credits, for full consideration.
6. Be in good taste.
7. Be mailed or dropped at Northampton Arts Council 240 Main Street, Room 5 Northampton, MA 01060. Entries may also be shared on google drive with email@example.com.
Entries Must Not:
1. Be professional grade work (projects for which the student has been paid or that were created while working for a production company).
2. Contain explicit content (i.e. violence, swearing, sex, nudity, etc.).
Tips for Filmmakers:
1. Do not feel obligated to use the maximum time for your projects. Less is more and tight editing will improve any film or ad. There is no minimum time.
2. Sound is very important. Make sure yours is good for the best viewing experience.
3. When possible, try to use original or copyright-free music. Using copyrighted music can greatly reduce your opportunities for further distribution or broadcast. Using original music allows you to save time and money and help out the music career of an unknown talent.
Application is here