HAMPSHIRE COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTSANNOUNCES $35,000 GRANT FOR PUBLIC SCULPTURE
- Suitability to the proposed site, both building and grounds.
- The public safety and durability of the artwork.
- A written description of proposed artwork, including, but not limited to, the medium, dimensions (height x width x depth and weight), installation method, anchoring procedure, and any necessary maintenance to be provided. If the artist’s proposal is selected, then the artist shall present plans sufficient to have installation approved by a structural engineer.
- If the work of art already exists, up to 5 photographs of the artwork, including reference to human and site scale.
- If it is a proposed new work of art, working drawings and/or up to 5 photos of the maquette constructed to scale.
- Artist’s resume showing home and/or studio address (must be a Hampshire County-based artist).
- A site plan along with up to 3 illustrations showing the proposed location and orientation of the artwork in relation to the building and grounds, existing trees, and other site features.
- Up to ten digital images of previously completed work. All images must be submitted in JPEG format. The images must be 1920 pixels on the largest side (vertical or horizontal) at a resolution of 72 ppi. Image files should be saved to a CD (readable by Mac or PC) along with a checklist. The checklist must indicate the artist's name as well as the title, date of completion, media, and dimensions of each piece.