|I Am Big Bird at the Academy of Music Theatre|
Four Sundays in February Event #2
When: Friday February 12, - 7:00 PM Showtime, Doors Open at 6:30PM
Where: Academy of Music Theatre - Google Maps Link
How Much: ADVANCE: $15 General Admission, $25 Premium Reserved Seating
DAY AT DOOR: $17 General Admission, $27 Premium Reserved Seating
Ticket Outlet: Academy of Music Theatre Box Office
The Northampton Arts Council invites you to a special film presentation of “I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story” on Friday February 12th at the Academy of Music Theatre in Northampton. The film will be followed by a Q&A session at which Mr. Spinney, his wife Debra and a very special guest will be discussing their journey and answering questions.
#1. Must-List: "A loving documentary about a puppeteer who's brightened the lives of countless children weaned on Sesame Street." - Entertainment Weekly
This heartwarming documentary chronicles the life of Caroll Spinney, the man who has been Sesame Street's Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch since 1969. For over 4 decades, Caroll's characters have been cherished by generations of children. At 81 years old, the tenacious and enthusiastic performer has no intention of slowing down. I AM BIG BIRD features incredible footage of Spinney's earliest collaborations with Jim Henson as it traces Caroll's journey from bullied child to celebrated performer. This loving portrait peels away the instances that inspired his creation of Big Bird and as the yellow feathers give way to grey hair, it is the man, not the puppet, who will steal your heart.
Proceeds from the show will benefit the Spring 2016 ArtsEZ Grant Round administered by the Northampton Arts Council.
Mr. Spinney is now in his 80's and we are so fortunate to share an evening with him. Do not miss this opportunity to meet the real Big Bird in person!
|I am Big Bird is possible with support from our sponsors|
- Four Sundays in February/KidsBestFest-YouthFilm are produced by the Northampton Arts Council
- KidsBestBest-YouthFilm is co-presented by the Academy of Music Theatre
- Proceeds from shows benefit ArtsEZ Grant Round administered by the Northampton Arts Council
- Brought to you in part by: Lathrop Communities & Gage Wiley
- Media Support: The Daily Hampshire Gazette, The River-WRSI 93.9 FM, WFCR-NEPR, WGBY, NCTV, Valley Free Radio, The Valley Advocate/Preview Massachusetts, The Republican
- Organizational Support from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the City of Northampton