Presented by the Northampton Arts Council
Friday February 24, 2017
Academy of Music Theatre, 274 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060
Schedule - For film schedule click here
Movies made by local youth at the beginning of their budding careers. Selected films will be screened at the Academy of Music Theatre in Northampton on Friday, February 24, 2017.
Made possible by a #massfestivals grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Sponsored by A2Z Science & Learning Store/Northampton Community Television.
Postmark/Hand/Digital Delivery Deadline: February 17, 2017
The Northampton Arts Council is accepting entries for YouthFilm 2017, part of the annual youth-centric film festival called KidsBestFest which is presented from February 20-24, 2017 at the Academy of Music Theatre during the Northampton Winter Arts festival Four Sundays in February.
Filmmakers in the Pioneer Valley area aged 18 and under are invited to submit short films (10 minute limit) for consideration. All subjects and genres welcome; films should be in digital file format. A selection committee will screen submissions and filmmakers will be notified in early February.
Selected films will be screened at the Academy of Music Theatre in Northampton on Friday, February 24, 2017.
To be considered for the event, please submit your film in digital file format only (mpeg, mov, or avi format), along with this completed entry form. Please submit one still image file from your film: 300 dpi, jpeg files only, and no larger than 5 MB file size. These images may be used for promotional purposes.
Entries can be mailed or dropped at Northampton Arts Council 240 Main Street, Memorial Hall Room 1, Northampton, MA 01060. Applications, images, and video files can be shared on google drive with email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the Northampton Arts Council by: Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (413) 587-1269.
with support from #massfestivals
YouthFilm 2017 Guidelines
All Entries Must:
1. Be the work of a student 18 and under currently attending an elementary school, middle school, or high school (public, private or homeschooled.)
2. Digital files in .mpeg, .mov, .avi, mp4 format. Please note that submitted materials will not be returned.
3. Include a completed ENTRY FORM for each film submitted.
4. Include one still image file from your film: 300 dpi, jpeg files only, and no larger than 5 MB file size. These images may be used for promotional purposes.
5. Be no more than 10 minutes in length, including titles/credits, for full consideration.
6. Be in good taste.
7. Be mailed or dropped at Northampton Arts Council 240 Main Street, Memorial Hall Room 1, Northampton, MA 01060. Entries may also be shared on google drive with email@example.com.
Entries Must Not:
1. Be professional grade work (projects for which the student has been paid or that were created while working for a production company).
2. Contain explicit content (i.e. violence, swearing, sex, nudity, etc.).
Tips for Filmmakers:
1. Do not feel obligated to use the maximum time for your projects. Less is more and tight editing will improve any film or ad. There is no minimum time.
2. Sound is very important. Make sure yours is good for the best viewing experience.
3. When possible, try to use original or copyright-free music. Using copyrighted music can greatly reduce your opportunities for further distribution or broadcast. Using original music allows you to save time and money and help out the music career of an unknown talent.
Four Sundays in February 2017 Schedule
Series Sponsors: Gravity Switch, Lathrop Communities, Off The Map Tattoo
Media Sponsors: Daily Hampshire Gazette, WRSI - 93.9 The River, New England Public Radio, WGBY Public Television, Northampton Community Television, WMUA 91.1 FM, MassLive.com / The Republican, The Valley Advocate / Preview Massachusetts
Organizational Support: Massachusetts Cultural Council and the City of Northampton
Four Sundays in February/KidsBestFest-YouthFilm are produced by the Northampton Arts Council
KidsBestBest-YouthFilm ‘17 is co-presented by the Academy of Music Theatre
Portions of the proceeds for all shows benefit the 2017 ArtsEZ Grant Round administered by the Northampton Arts Council.